Stephanie Cole visits RUH Cancer Unit
 
The BCUSG was delighted to welcome its new President, Stephanie Cole, to a meeting of the BCUSG. After meeting Trustees of the Charity, Stephanie was given a tour of some of the facilities of the Bath Cancer Unit including the Positron (PET-CT) Scanner and the Varian Linear Accelerator, just two of the many purchases made by the Charity for the Cancer Unit.
 
 
READ MORE
 

Trustees being shown the Varian Proton Therapy Unit
 
The Charity is run entirely by volunteers, meaning there are no paid staff. Approximately 95% of all monies raised goes straight into equipment and resources for the RUH Cancer Unit. The other 5% is spent on vital administration costs - the production of our annual magazine and its distribution. Over the past 33 years some £4.85 million has been raised by our enthusiastic band of volunteers.
 
 

Making a Donation
 
Making a Donation Online Giving Utilise our easy to use online payment portal via the Charities Aid Foundation website by clicking here to access the CAF website and then click on “Donate to this charity”. Alternatively you can donate through Virgin Money Giving. JustTextGiving Instructions First decide on how much you wish to donate. The amount must be either £1, or £2, or £3, or £4, or £5 or £10. If you decide to donate £10, text the message...
 
 
READ MORE
 

Leave a Legacy
 
Including Bath Cancer Unit Support Group in your Will could be the most amazing gift you ever give. Your legacy will improve the quality of cancer services delivered by the Royal United Hospital. What are the options? There are three main types of legacies. You can give a share of your estate eg 20%, a specific sum of money or a specific item. How to word your Will It is essential that the full name of the charity, namely Bath Cancer Unit Support Group and the...
 
 
READ MORE
 

Slider

Bath Half 2020 - Runners Wanted

How about getting fit and running to raise funds for the Charity which helps to provide those important extras for the Cancer Unit at the RUH.

The Charity has 10 places to fill and an application form is available by e-mailing our Fundraiser on fundraising@bcusg.org .  Race Day is Sunday, 15 March 2020 and members of our Charity will be there to cheer you on.

New President - Stephanie Cole OBE

_MG_5236a

Stephanie Cole was welcomed as our new President in November 2018.  Stephanie will be known for the many wonderful, diverse range of characters she has played over the years –  in the theatre,  films and on television - from a doctor in the 1980’s series Tenko to the

formidable Mrs Featherstone in both Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours.  Very recently Stephanie took part in a live performance on television of “Inside No 9 – Dead Line” and will play opposite Timothy West in King Lear at the Bristol Old Vic during 2019.

Mike Taylor - Chair

Welcome Message

_MG_5233a

Welcome to the new website which I hope you will find is more user friendly and make it easier for donations to be made via the Donate page.

A couple of new sections have been added – one dealing with our new projects and the other all our News stories which can also be viewed on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

The Trustees have a good working relationship with the Cancer Unit’s consultants and nursing staff and it is from them that new projects will be suggested. It constantly surprises me the ingenuity of some of the items of equipment which we are asked to support.  Many of these

items achieve huge gains for the patients, both in terms of the quality of the diagnosis or treatment and its effectiveness and also in reducing the length of time that these treatments take which can then of course have an impact on reducing waiting times.

During my time as Chair, I am keen to encourage new branches to be established to cover all areas under the RUH’s remit.  We have a very successful branch in Trowbridge which carries out fundraising activities there as well as Bradford on Avon, Melksham, Westbury and the surrounding villages.

Meet the Trustees

_MG_5259a

Mike Coombs – Treasurer

Sue Coppin

Jane Crow - Supportline

Jo Crowe

Les Dymond

Caroline Gilleece

Alex Herring

 

Sue MacGregor

Jane Margetts - Supportline

Bethany Mogan – Media

Sue Oliver - Vice-Chair

Sally Pinner – Secretary

Tino Polledri 

Alan Webb – Fundraiser

SPONSORS

Thanks are given to our sponsors:

Pearson May Accountants

Novia Foundation - providing year long sponsorship of the flowers in A12

Save more lives by helping with our fundraising, donate today